The Council has written an open letter to the Chief Minister asking for him and his Government to implement several temporary measures that will provide immediate support to the Island’s consumers.
Our five requests are:
- Reducing the duty on motor fuel by 9p per litre at the till
- £100 credit made available to every household to spend on their chosen energy bill
- Commitment that the GST de minimis for online goods will not be reduced before 1 January 2023
- Consider allowing free bus journeys to St Helier and/or three hours free parking on Saturdays
- Consider establishing an independent anti-inflation panel
Read the full letter here.
We have not yet received a response from Senator Le Fondré but will update you once we have heard from him.